Re: dpkg-statoverride: usage question.

Previously Rob Browning wrote:
> I realized that maybe dpkg-statoverride was only intended for
> the local admin, and that I should just ship my file properly sgid
> mail.  So which interpretation is correct?

Neither :). The reason you always had to call suidregister was that
that was also the moment an override was applied. With statoverride
dpkg itself applies the override, so you only no to use dpkg-statoverride
to add or remove an override. Specifying default permissions is also
no longer needed since dpkg gets those from the package itself
already.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |