Re: debbugs can now send bug mails to someone different than the maintainer

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 11:27:46PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > What I am suggesting is that katie has a list of such cases (although
> > I'm not proposing a particular format):
>
> >From my point of view, such information would ideally be:
>
>   o not centrally controlled, but package/maintainer(s) controlled[0]
>   o trivial (both in terms of code and CPU use) for katie to obtain[1]
>   o not unnecessarily waste space in places it's not needed[2]
>
> I'd love to see suggestions that satisfy those criteria, but was
> eventually someday going to fall back on something like Julian just
> suggested if I couldn't find anything better.

At a rough estimate, based on packages with open bugs, there are less
than two dozen "maintainers" who would (currently) use such a scheme.
I wonder whether we can use something like an autobot which accepts
messages of the form:

add-to: teTeX Maintainers <debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org>
Christoph Martin <martin@uni-mainz.de>
Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de>

and copies them to the "maintainer".  Other commands could be:

remove-from: teTeX Maintainers <debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org>
Christoph Martin <martin@uni-mainz.de>

delete-list: teTeX Maintainers <debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org>

new-list: teTeX Maintainers <debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org>

show-list: teTeX Maintainers <debian-tetex-maint@lists.debian.org>

I can't think of any other obvious ones.  Katie (or the bot) would
store them in a DB of some sort and use them for looking up.

Does this sound somewhat reasonable?

   Julian

         Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, Queen Mary, Univ. of London
       Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://people.debian.org/~jdg
  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/