Re: Many ports open by default

> As always, that would be true if they weren't installed by default. The
> current method requires too much prior knowledge.

This could be put as a question whenever someone installs Debian
GNU/Linux. Something like "Do you want to enable the installed server
software by default. Beware that this might cause security problems on
your system since it is recommended to only run server programs if and
only if needed. If you do not feel confident enough with system
administration, you should answer No here."

This seems to be a reasonable thing to me.

W.