package servers inconsistent?

Hi folks,

Is it possible to keep an eye upon package consistency on the
hosts 'http.us.debian.org'?

Each time I run 'apt-get update', some of the package lists on my
machine seem to be outdated, even if the last update has been done
just a few jiffies ago. But usually the following 'apt-get ugrade'
fails due to missing packages.

I have to repeat this procedure several times until the upgrade can
be completed successfully. Sometimes this doesn't work at all.
I tried to install a caching proxy, but this did not help.

Regards

Harri