Re: auditd as logrotate replacement?

On Thu, Apr 26, 2001 at 01:48:29PM -0300, Alejo Sanchez wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 08:35:51PM -0300, Alejo Sanchez wrote:
> > > well, your version would do it the dlopen() way.
> > > actually we were going to ask if there was a
> > > restriction on depending on dlopen(), as it could
> > > be possible on some non-dynamic plataforms.
> > > (no shared libraries, no dl library)
> [...]
> I was only asking if release applications from debian
> are allowed to have dlopen() (even if it isn't used
> on most situations)
> AFAIK some OS don't, ie. OpenBSD.

I am not aware of any issues in using dlopen() within Debian except
requiring some care over dependencies: if you require the library, you
must make sure that the dependencies in your package ensure that the
library is installed (ldd/objdump won't see it), and if you don't
absolutely need it, you must ensure that the code doesn't fail if the
library is not present.

         Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, Queen Mary, Univ. of London
       Debian GNU/Linux Developer,  see http://people.debian.org/~jdg
  Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/