Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 02:18:30AM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> I could disagree pretty heavily by pointing that this would be shit as
> it would add an hour to the install. Why not just provide a stock i386
> kernel and let people compile it later on? Some people need to patch
> in mm/swap patches, netfilter patches, their own hacks, etc, etc.

please pay attention.

nobody (at least as far as i can tell) has suggested getting rid of the
stock kernel-image package, so there will be no effect at all on people
who just want to install the system and run it.

the point at issue is whether there should be dozens of kernel-image and
kernel-headers packages when one is enough to do the job.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

      GnuPG Key: 1024D/CD5626F0
Key fingerprint: 9674 7EE2 4AC6 F5EF 3C57  52C3 EC32 6810 CD56 26F0