Re: chroot bind?

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 09:43:52PM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> So change it to more-secure-bind then :-)  Or /var/named, whatever is
> thought best.

I guess we'' see what the FHS says.   Tho I have no experience with how
quick these guys are.

> Btw, Bdale (Debian Bind maintainer) suggested that if we can get this
> working properly so it can build as an optional package from the standard
> bind source package, he would include it.  He also suggested we use bind 9
> as a base not 8.

Interesting.  I'll have a look into that.   With regards to bind 9, not
sure I trust it yet, even less than bind8 in a chroot.   I assume the
mechanism to chroot is the same in bind9 as in bind8 so it should be
pretty much the same.

Nicholas