Re: chroot bind?

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Ethan Benson wrote:

> as a sidenote i think this /var/secure-bind name is lame, it doesn't
> follow any conventions and frankly its naive to think that just
> because bind is chrooted and running as root that its now fully
> secure.  more secure yes, a panacea no.

So change it to more-secure-bind then :-)  Or /var/named, whatever is
thought best.

Btw, Bdale (Debian Bind maintainer) suggested that if we can get this
working properly so it can build as an optional package from the standard
bind source package, he would include it.  He also suggested we use bind 9
as a base not 8.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>