Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 11:45:13PM +0200, Nils Jeppe wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Nathan Dabney wrote:
>
> > The user should only have to learn the security implications of a service or
> > option if they intend to turn it on.  The install itself should assume the
> > user doesn't know about the option and would prefer to be protected.

Yeah! it will be a good idea to make debian users worlwide program their own deamons in assembler code, to ensure they understand how they work.

Seriously, i think you are missing the contact with reality in this issue. When you start compromising usability in favor of security, you are beening PARANOID.. And that is what is wrong in /etc/hosts.deny. Specially  when we are talking about DEBIAN DEFAULTS!

Note that the majority of debian users don't have to be networking gurus by default.

Regards.
--
Pedro Larroy Tovar. PiotR | http://omega.resa.es/piotr/
piotr@omega.resa.es