Re: ITP: laptop-netconf -- a network detection and configuration program

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 01:43:02PM -0400, Andrew Pimlott wrote:
> This made me think two things:
>
> 1.  Debian should move towards using the ISC dhcp client by default.
>     It has much better features than pump.  I assume there is some
>     reason we are not recommending it now?

pump seems to be quite feature-poor. It bugs me to death on Red Hat.
For example, I could not find a way to configure it to run a script
whenever the lease is granted or renewed (needed to update a dynamic
DNS service). I don't know why we use it when all the other alternatives
are better. I use dhcp-client (dhclient) here.

Hamish