Re: Can't configure 3rd button on mouse

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Joseph Carter wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 10:55:01PM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > Now I can't seem to enter text in xfig although I can do so in all other X
> > situations...
> >
> > If it isn't one thing its a whole bunch of things.
>
> I never pretended to understand the first thing about xfig, you're on your
> own there..

The behavior is very eratic and unreproducable. Sometimes you can type at
the T prompt, and sometimes you can't.

At this point I don't think it has anything to do with xfig, but maybe.

What I have figured out is that on my last upgrade to woody,
xserver-common and most everything else was upgraded to 4.x, but I just
discovered that my xserver-svga package is still 3.x. I'm not sure just
how that happened.

I discovered this when I tried to patch commands found in the config file
generated by xf86config and the server didn't recognize the "Section
InputDevice" command.

I guess the next thing is to try to upgrade my xserver-svga.

I recently upgraded my mother board so I could run VMware, and this board
has an SiS6326 graphics card built into the board (this one has everything
but a coffeemaker ;-). Should I be using a different server or is svga
enough. (I know it works, but with 5 meg on the graphics card I expected
better performance)

Thanks for the help,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-