Re: LDAP via SSL

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

sorry, my assumption that err==1 was an error was wrong. err==1 means
success.

So the SSL connection is working perfectly, what is wrong is that the
LDAP code assumes that ld->ld_defconn is a valid pointer, but in fact
it is NULL.

The way I see it:

Breakpoint 9, ldap_open_defconn (ld=0x8050a48) at open.c:29
ld->ld_defconn = ldap_new_connection( ld, ...)

but it crashes deep done under ldap_new_connection here:

ldap_int_sasl_external (ld=0x8050a48,
    authid=0x806eb40 "/C=AU/ST=Victoria/L=Melbourne/O=Snoopy's Organization/CN=dewey.chocbit.org.au/Email=bam@snoopy.apana.org.au", ssf=168) at cyrus.c:664
664		sasl_conn_t *ctx = ld->ld_defconn->lconn_sasl_ctx;

So how on earth is the suppose to ever work?

My guess is that ldap_int_sasl_external is not meant to be called
until after ldap_new_connection finishes.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>