Re: How does testing work? (was: Re: A question about update-excuses (was Re: testing is broken))

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 04:12:38PM +0200, T.Pospisek's MailLists wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > OK, this is about the x-th time questions about the logic behind inclusion
> > > in testing come up.
> > Have you looked over http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing?
> Yes. A quote from the same page:
> * There's some explanation about this that was posted to the
> * debian-devel-announce list some time ago. It's outdated now

Outdated doesn't mean wrong. The changes are that we're using the pool,
not the bizarre hack I was expecting at the time.

> > I think it answers all the questions you've asked.
> A random questions of the ones I've asked not covered there: Where's the
> script?

] 2. The code is available via anonymous ftp from cvs.debian.org. Set
]    our CVSROOT to :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/dak, module
]    testing.

> There's YAQAT (yet another question about testing) by Peter S Galbraith
> posted about the same time I wrote my general inquiry. If the inclusion
> procedure into testing would be clear people wouldn't have to ask.

If you'd followed the link, you'd have seen:

]         3. For each of these new source packages it checks:
]                 a. That the package has had two weeks of testing,
]                    or it's a medium or high urgency package (and has
]                    had either one week, or three days of testing).
]                 b. That each binary has been recompiled for each arch
]                    it's on.
]                 c. That each binary has 0 RC bugs, or fewer than the
]                    testing version does [4].

Cheers,
aj