Re: Broken Star Office in unstable?

Colin Mattson <colol@ionet.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 11:13:37AM +0100, rob@debianplanet.org
> wrote:
>> Myabe its built against XFree86 v3 libs which is having problems
>> with the 4 ?
> If it is, then I must have some version 3 libs hanging around
> somewhere, because I've got StarOffice 5.2 running fine here on
> XFree86 4.x...  The only thing I can think of is the "old" libc
> stuff I installed for the earlier version of StarOffice.

I'm using Woody and my Star Office broke tuesday. Looking at dates in
/var/lib/dpkg/info I've come to believe it broke because of one of the
following packages:

apt-listchanges
base-config
cpp
dh-make
freefont
g++
gcc
iceme
makedev
sharefont

Since I can't imagine it could have anything to do with
apt-listchanges, base-config or dh-make and since g++, gcc and cpp do
not - as far as I remember correctly - include any libraries, I'd
look at packages freefont, iceme, makedev and sharefont. Frankly, I
can't imagine what iceme could have to do with this, so I am left with
makedev and the font packages.

I'll look into this more closely in a few days when I find time,
unless someone else finds out where the problem lies. Hope this
helps. And happy hunting!

Suonpää...