Re: Broken Star Office in unstable?

Bradley Bell wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 09:26:40PM -0700, Laurie Ikuta wrote:
> > I know that this is slightly off topic, considering that the debian project
> > doesn't package or support this particular package. I was running woody for
> > quite a while and my girlfriend has grown dependent on Star Ofiice. It ran
> > quite okay until I went to unstable(i had done that earlier and it didn't
> > break anything)  I assume that it would probably be because of libc ,but it
> > doesn't make much sence considering that both woody and sid are using libc
> > 2.2. Was there that much of a change just through package revisions or
> > what. (StarOffice will begin then die when you try to open || edit ||
> > create a flle) Can anybody propose a solution? I would like to keep
> > unstable but this is the only application that can't break for a few days.
> > Thank you in advance,
> > David Monarres <ayeq@yahoo.com>
>
> I've got the exact same problem (girlfriend and all :-).  Except I've been
> running unstable all along, so it was just in the past week or two that
> something broke.

  can you guys try to run staroffice but display it remotely? or display
it using vnc (install vncserver, xvncviewer)?

  I didn't have any problems running staroffice on unstable that way,
it's only when it's displayed on unstable that I have problem... (not
sure when I last updated/upgraded unstable mahine, will have to try
that)

	erik