Re: debian 2.3

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 09:21:50AM -0700, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 11:02:01PM -0700, Sam Powers wrote:
> >
> > I was aware of reiserfs issues on other archetectures, but iirc, you don't
> > need to make root or boot reiser.. if you want to use reiserfs, you can
> > either use /boot instead of /, or make / ext2 (it doesn't take long to fsck
> > at all unless you're a newbie and make a giant root partition)
>
> or use the GRUB bootloader. it can read ReiserFS, so you can be 100%
> Reiser and be the envy of all your friends.

let me count how many archetectures Grub works on, lets see

i386,

um...
uh...
darnit can't think of any more.

reiserfs support could be added to silo, quik and yaboot but that may
take time. i imagine there are also issues with some more bootloaders
then that.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/