Re: Floppy and tftp - Woody Freeze

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 08:04:50AM -0700, Alex Perry wrote:
> From:  Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org>
> > 9. Swapd is started to allow swapping over nfs. But there are
> >    some problems with this and it probably have to do with
> >    that the filesystem is not local. I do not know... Anyone
> >    have experience with this?

  Actually, it has to do with the situation where the networking code needs
to swap out.  Gets kinda messy when you need to swap pages in order to swap
pages.

> Try looking at the network block device in the kernel.
  Only in 2.2 kernels with a less-than-beautiful patch.  Then, it does work
nicely. Just don't expect to be able to upgrade kernels at will.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
Personally, I'd like to see more porn on the Internet
                           -- President_Clinton in CNN chat