Re: Woody Freeze Plans - Progress Report

On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 05:27:27PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Apr 2001 16:01:27 +0200, Roland Bauerschmidt <rb@debian.org>
> wrote:
> >Installing with a few floppies + net connection is in my opinion the
> >most elegant way...
>
> As long as "a few" means "two or less", this is fine. AFAIK, you need
> about ten to bring a cd-less potato on the network to apt the rest.

You need two floppies, if you has a supported net device (see
debian/dists/potato/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/compact/kernel-config).
If the compact-kernel don't support your card, you need a extra driver
disk. (all with the potato floppies)

after this you can all download from the net, your local mirror, etc.

Gruss
Grisu
 Win0.98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.