Re: Woody Freeze Plans - Progress Report

"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:

> Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>   >Nobody uses floppies anymore, we should focus on the boot-cd, imho.
>
> There are still lots of old machines around that won't boot from CD.

Of course, take Nobody with a grain of salt.  But all those old
systems are already running debian, no need for new install.  I expect
that most new installs by far should be done booting from CD, esp. in
the powerpc world.  Anyway, it looks like boot-floppies means that I
can install woody/powerpc from CD, so all is right.

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter