Solved, was Re: Problems using libtool

Thanks to everyone who for providing a crash course in libtool. It was
very instructive.

Most of all I want to thank Simon Richter for his much simpler solution.
(as with most solutions, I wonder that I didn't think of it myself ;-)

The simplest solution is to use the upstream source's make file to install
the libraries correctly in a local path, moving the desired components
into the varios packages as they are built. This uses the libtool
implimentation provided by the upstream to properly create the components
for the package. I only had to remember that --prefix is an option for
config, but $(prefix) is the item that make wants defined ;-)

Thanks for all the help. I should be able to find the time to finish this
package this weekend.

Luck,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-