Re: merged messages mystery (new, improved! with null-padded email sample)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

> It's a possibility but I am leaning in another direction right now:
>
> I suspect a problem with /var/spool/mail 's permissions.

I agree.  see my reply to the bug report you sent in.

>  In
> /usr/share/doc/uw-imapd-ssl/bugs.txt.gz one can read:
>
>  . /tmp, /usr/tmp or /var/tmp (if present), and the mail spool directory
>       must be protected 1777 (world write with sticky bit); otherwise
>       mailbox locking and updates won't work.

UW also provide a little program called mlock that handles locking when
the modes aren't 1777.  Debian uses that.  So this section of the
documentation isn't relevant for us.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>