Re: Task harden.

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 02:41:27PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> my bind configuration runs in a chroot jail as a non-root user as
> well.

bind has more problems than just chroot.

> as for dnscache and tcpserver they are non-free.  tell me when they
> are free software and they can be considered.  its also been said they
> ignore RFCs, that isn't very good code.

It's been alleged, but I've yet to see proof.  Words are cheap.

Regarding the non-freeness of djbdns:  it's non-free according to the
dfsg.  Specifically, you cannot distribute modified binaries.  Note
that djbdns is not covered by the same terms as qmail; the obstacle
appears to be the tcpserver license.

Note that there is a djbdns installer package in sid.

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.