Re: How do I get Japanese to print?

Hello Brock,

Torsten, the maintainer of ghostscript stuffs is working on merging
gs-cjk patches and defoma support, so in the future you can print
japanese postscript files with Debian official packages.
If you have interest, fetch gs-aladdin, gs-cjk-resource, defoma and gsfonts
from
  deb http://klecker.debian.org/~take/debian ./
and fetch ttf-xtt-watanabe-mincho/ttf-xtt-wadalab-gothic and cmap-adobe-japan1
from official Debian ftp mirror.

The gs-aladdin and gsfonts packages in klecker is sample packages for
Torsten to merge gs-cjk patches and defoma support. They'll be installed into
Debian near the future, maybe with some changes.

The gs-cjk-resource and defoma packages in klecker is what i built and
uploaded today.

Regards,

--
Yasuhiro Take aka hirot / <take@debian.org>