Re: apt: pin: how to debug?

taral@taral.net (Taral)  wrote on 29.03.01 in <[🔎] 20010329150458.A28422@taral.net>:

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 08:20:00PM +0200, Kai Henningsen wrote:
> > > If you use -o Debug::pkgPolicy=true I think you will see that is the
> > > case.
> > > apt-cache dump, at the bottom of the output will show you the values
> > > helix is using.
>
> I tried this. No information on pins appeared in the dump. I wonder if

Pin info is in the first one. The second gives info about how apt parses
Release files. (The "^File" blocks.)

> anyone has had any success with origin pins...

Halfway. They work exactly as advertized, except (as the first option
demonstrates) at least here apt-get sees every Packages file at least
twice, once with priority 500; this makes a mess of the resolution.

MfG Kai