ITP: harvest-ng

Hello,

I hesitate to file a bug against WNPP because I like some discussion before.
At first our institute wants to use a web crawler for our own site.

I didn't found one in Debian but sourceforge has one marked as stable:
  harvest-ng

I looked at it and it seems to be fairly nice according to its description.
Nearly all dependencies are solved in Debian.
  http://webharvest.sourceforge.net/ng/download.shtml
states dependencies from:

 libwww-perl, libhtml-parser-perl, libnet-perl, libdigest-md5-perl, liburi-perl

The only thing missing in Debian is Metadata which can be found on
   http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Metadata/
The latest version seems to be
   http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Metadata/Metadata-0.24.tar.gz
If I want to package harvest-ng I seem to have to package this first.

Moreover I'm not sure how to handle SSL stuff which is mentioned at
  http://webharvest.sourceforge.net/ng/download.shtml
It is stated optional.  I'm really not experienced in Perl packaging
stuff and I don't know how to handle this right (may be I have to split
something of harvest-ng to non-US).

I would like to have some discussion about this stuff.  Perhaps some
more experienced developer of Perl related stuff would like take over this
packaging work.  If not I would have to give it a try myself - but
be warned - it might have a lot of bugs.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
We have joy, we have fun,