Re: Testing/unstable

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 10:57:50AM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Do I have to do something to get a package back into testing? That is the
> package was removed because of a grave bug. Now I fixed that bug and
> uploaded to unstable. Do I need to specify testing in my changelog or is the
> package tranfered to testing automatically after some time in unstable?

Hrm. I can't seem to pick what package you're talking about: the only
package of yours that's picked up as newer in unstable than in testing
is mpsql which still apparently has a serious bug against it (missing
build depends); and the only one in incoming is jftpgw which is in
testing and doesn't appear to have ever had any bugs.

At any rate, in theory all you need to do is upload a fixed package to
unstable, and it'll work its way into testing reasonably quickly.

Fixed means closing all the RC bugs against it, and making sure it builds
on all architectures, and doesn't introduce new bugs, etc.

Cheers,
aj