Re: [RFC] apt-localepurge - automagically removing unnecessary locale files

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 05:50:45AM +0200, Paul Seelig wrote:

> mdz@debian.org (Matt Zimmerman) writes:
>
> > On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 02:44:42AM +0200, Paul Seelig wrote:
> > > Purging configuration files for apt-localepurge ...
> > > sh: /usr/sbin/apt-localepurge: No such file or directory
> > > E: Problem executing scripts DPkg::Post-Invoke '/usr/sbin/apt-localepurge'
> > > E: Sub-process returned an error code
> >
> > Look at /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/70debconf for an example.
> >
> Close, but no cigar... ;-)

Pardon?  To what are you referring?  I was directing you to this line:

DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {"/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt || true";};

which demonstrates how to ensure that your program won't cause apt to abort,
even if it exits with an error or doesn't exist.  If you're not running
unstable or testing, you'll find this line in /etc/apt/apt.conf.

> In any case you nicely put me on the right track reminding me of the
> always neglected obvious. So this shortcoming has been cleared (and i am
> deprived of my sleep yet again). I've uploaded apt-localepurge-0.0.4 to
> the aforementioned place.

If you want people to look at it, you should probably post the URL again, as
most folks won't bother searching through the mail archives to find the message
where you gave it the first time.

--
 - mdz