Re: Packages still using /usr/doc in unstable

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001 at 07:47:21 -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Colin Watson wrote:
> > Bugs with any recent activity won't (shouldn't) be touched in
> > bug-squashing party NMUs, so just a note in the bug to the effect that
> > you're working on it is enough.
>
> Great! Now when I want to work on a bug, I have to dedicate some time
> before hand to making sure the BTS knows what I'm doing? That's never
> going to happen. Sometimes I only have 20 minutes to work on the package.

We're talking here (at least I was) of RC bugs that have sat unfixed for
months with nary a word from the maintainer.

> Just how hard is it to send me a message when you want to work on one of
> my packages? I'm not saying you need my permission in a reply in order to
> make the upload, just that you inform me, personally, that you are working
> on my package. If you fail to do this, your fix stands an excelent chance
> of being overwritten by my next release.
>
> Keeping the maintainer in the dark is pointless. Suggesting that a bug
> report from the NMUer is the right thing to do would be ok except that
> none of the NMUs made against my packages in the past ever submitted such
> a report.

None of them were from me, then. *shrug* Certainly -bugs-dist has been
full of such reports after the last couple of bug-squashing efforts.