Re: Suggestion: Web-Interface for BTS should have a form to edit msgs.

Previously Christian Hammers wrote:
> What do you think of a little text field underneath the bug report where
> anybody can add comments or close the bug. This would be more compfortable
> than browsing the bug list and then cu&paste the bug number to the mail
> program.. and it should be very easy to do (I even offer to do this).

I don't really see the need..

What I would like to see is a redo of the webpages it generates.. if you
compare those to the pages that other BTSes generate debbugs are not
very intuitive. There is too much data I normally am not interested in
(bug#,bug submitter), missing data (tags), data that could imho be
better presented in a different way (severity).

Something like:

  hello buglist

  | ID | severity | tags | title                             |
  | 15 | minor    | --W- | please add html documentation     |
  | 42 | normal   | ---P | segfaults when run with no stdout |

Where severity and tags could be icons in a graphical versions. This presents
the info in a much more dense one (one line per bug) and looks a lot better
imho.

Oh, and of course handling attachments to emails would be really useful!

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |