apt-get probs

Hi,

It seems to me that apt-get (and obviously also dpkg)
has a few problems that need to be retified.

OK....Scenario...

I modified a script within /etc/init.d/ as part of
a pen test and general security survey to estimate
what would happen should a hacker do the same.

Next I do an apt-get remove on the package...it aborts
with all sorts of nasty error messages.

What is more worrying is that the pre and post install
proggies get passed the message and totally screw up
everything else.

The only way round it was to unpack the .deb and overwrite
everything to get apt-get working again.

I am purposely being vague about packages here as I would
like others to try it on different packages. However I
will post all messages/package details if it turns out
to be single package related...

Which I doubt.