Re: Circus Linux during Debian install?

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 10:00:09AM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> Bleah... who says we're moving to an X-based installer?  What does having X
> do towards enhancing the installation process, other than slow things down?

*cough* slashdot *cough*

> Hopefully there will ALWAYS be a text-mode installer.

unless there was discussion about it on a list other then this or
-boot the only thing i have ever heard about X based installers is
that the design of debian-installer would make building an X based
frontend possible.  other then that all i have heard is that
debian-installer will be text based and look similar to dbootstrap.
there may be a framebuffer based frontend as well, Dan Jacobowitz has
been working on bogl.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/