Re: testing is broken

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:

> At the moment, debconf 0.9.28 will go into testing with the dinstall
> run tomorrow.

Hey people, don't panic and sit down again. IMO testing was and still is a
good idea and I think nobody expected it to be 100% bulletproof the
first day it was created. I think you, Anthony, would agree that testing
is still a bit in a "let's see how this is going to work out" state. So
please, try keeping the flames at body temperature only, and have a little
patience.

The main problem was the initial downgrade from woody==unstable to potato,
which would break debconf if --forced. This can only be corrected by a
more or less stable new debconf. Let's hope it'll work out, but anyway,
testing is, as the name says testing.

Breathe in, breathe out, phew...
*t

             Tomas Pospisek