Re: testing is broken

To quote tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG),
# Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
#
# > I suspect you've been using a later version of debconf that has only
# > ever been in unstable (possibly from back when woody was unstable).
You're
# > welcome to either upgrade that to the version in unstable, or
downgrade
# > to the version in testing.
#
# This is quite possibly the problem.
#
# However, that points to a more serious problem.  Did packages get
# downgraded in woody?  That's a bad thing to do....

Yes, packages were downgraded in Woody when it became Woody/testing.
There were lots of good reasons for the downgrades, and I'm sure they've
been discussed before :)

I don't know what the solution for your particular problem would be,
tough. Sorry :(

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)