Re: update excuses: what does "but foo is screwed anyway"?

Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org> wrote:
>Incidentally, while looking over the list of excuses I noticed this:
>
>trn 3.6-15 (currently 3.6-13) (optional) (low)
>	Maintainer: Matthew Vernon <matthew@debian.org>
>	trn uploaded 91 days ago, out of date by 81 days!
>	out of date on arm: trn (from 3.6-13) (but arm is screwed anyway)
>	out of date on m68k: trn (from 3.6-13) (but m68k is screwed anyway)
>	out of date on powerpc: trn (from 3.6-13) (but powerpc is screwed anyway)
>	out of date on sparc: trn (from 3.6-13)
>	not considered
>
>The autobuilder, at least for ARM, isn't even trying to build this because it
>isn't showing up in quinn-diff.  Does the quinn-diff output on
>buildd.debian.org include packages from non-free?

Last time this was asked somebody said that most of the autobuilders
don't target non-free, although someone seems to be building trn4
manually for alpha anyway. Can I get a login on an arm and an m68k box
to build trn4 there too?

In the particular case of trn, I tried to build it for sparc earlier
today and filed a bug because it won't build with newer glibc (another
<sys/time.h> problem).