Re: Unified log handling

On 17-Mar-01, 23:32 (CST), Aaron Lehmann <aaronl@vitelus.com> wrote:
> I want to reccomend its use as a Debian standard

That would be debian-policy@lists.debian.org. Oh, wait it's already in
Debian Policy as a suggestion (not requirement).

> and figure out why many maintainers have elected to use their own cron
> jobs instead.

Just to be contrary :-). Actually, it's because many packages predate
logrotate. Also, many packages come with appropriate cron scripts, and
it's easier to just install them rather figure out logrotate.

Probably the best thing to do would be to file wishlist bugs against the
offending packages.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland <stevegr@debian.org>
(Please do not CC me on mail sent to this list; I subscribe to and read