Re: lintian whining about app-defaults file

On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 04:33:08PM -0800, phil@bolthole.com wrote:

> Well, I just did a BY-HAND dpkg-buildpackage on voltaire.
>
> AND kdrill now has in its control file:
>
> Build-Depends: debhelper(>= 3.0.0), xutils (>= 4.0.2-4)

Note that dpkg-buildpackage does not currently check build-depends.

> [...]
> $ dpkg --list debhelper
> [...]
> +++-==============-==============-============================================
> ii  debhelper      3.0.9          helper programs for debian/rules
>

> So what is left now, other than hardcoding the path in conffiles?
> Bug the debhelper people?

Reading the documentation would be a good next step.  What is DH_COMPAT set to
in your build environment?  From dh_installdeb(1):

       If DH_COMPAT is set to 3 or higher, all files in the etc/
       directory in a package will automatically be flagged as
       conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list
       them manually in package.conffiles.

Note that setting DH_COMPAT has other effects as well, so make sure you read
the man pages for the other debhelper commands that are used in your rules
file.

--
 - mdz