db3 now in unstable

Wow...

I see that db3 has made unstable !!!
I also noticed this in the db2 changelog:
  * Add -Bsymbolic to shared library link so that we work better with
    things like db1 and db3. This should resolve a lot of problem, and
    makes it possible to have libdb3.so on the filesystem

Does that mean it is now kosher to mix and match db1, db2, and db3 in
the same program?

At least mixing db2 and db3 will probably be a requirement for a bit -
 * libnss-db, sasl and other still use db2
 * opendlap and sendmail (tonight) will be using db3

but since sendmail also links with sasl, and call services that make
use of libnss-db (/etc/services, /etc/hosts, etc.)  that means it'll
be mixing and matching at runtime - which used to lead to segv and
other assorted fubar states.

--
Rick Nelson
Life'll kill ya                         -- Warren Zevon