dpkg-source and stale NFS file - questions

Hello all,

As told in my previous message (Subject: "dpkg-source and NFS; stale NFS
file handle") I run into problems with dpkg-source while on NFS.

Now I've tried another machine, a non-SMP one, also running 2.2.17, and
the problem occurs there as well.

Are there people around that build their packages on NFS? If so, what
kernel (client and server)? Do you use knfsd or rpc.nfsd?

Thanks for all info. If anyone knows a better list for this problem -
that would be great, as I did not find anyone that could help me so far.

Valentijn