Re: Package modifying its own control at build?

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Well, in this case this is correct. However, as a general rule, generating
> the control file will become important for a lot of packages with the
> increase of versioned dependencies on linux specific or virtual packages and
> the Hurd port. The purpose is then not to build different packages, but to
> have different dependency information in the package for Linux and for Hurd.

It's not necessary to modify a control file for this; this is what
substvars are for.

OTOH, as the maintainer of a package that has good reason for modifying
its control file, I would like to know what kinds of problems in the
archive Ben is talking about.

--
see shy jo