Re: portability as a goal for debian?

* Richard Braakman (dark@xs4all.nl) [010307 00:04]:
> I would not accept a patch to my debian/rules that deals with xargs
> not accepting -r.  I would tell the submitter to get a better xargs.

I do not understand why you limit your focus in such a way. if it
can be done in simler words, why not use them? a better xargs is
in this situation the xargs *you* know better. As a maintainer
and author you have the right to make decisions like this,
eventhough some might say it is a arrogant way of thinking and a
way to limit the freedom of others, by dictating which xargs and
OS is the right one to use and not to use.

you did not want to say that, right?