Re: ITP: Galeon -- Mozilla-based web browser with GNOME look and feel

In article <[🔎] 200103012244.RAA07900@trna.ximian.com>,
Frank Belew  <frb@ximian.com> wrote:
>I don't think non-US has the computing power, nor the bandwidth to
>handle the building, and downloads of all these very popular packages.
>Do we even have autobuilders for non-US?

non-US is a Pentium II/350 with 128 MB RAM, so it's not a speed
monster according to modern standards. It is well-connected though;
it's on the Dutch Surfnet University network. The Leiden Univerity
has an STM-1 (155 Mbit/sec) link to Surfnet, which has several
high-speed links to the rest of the world, including a dedicated
level3 Gigabit link to the USA, and STM4 (622 Mbit/sec) links to
several other European countries. Not too shabby ...

Mike.
--
Go not unto the Usenet for advice, for you will be told both yea and nay (and
quite a few things that just have nothing at all to do with the question).