Re: /usr/sbin special?

Bernd Eckenfels <lists@lina.inka.de> writes:

> The Criteria is in the FHS and your Program fits well in sbin. On the other
> hand I dont know if it is a good idea to have a installer program which will
> install in /usr instead of /opt or /usr/local. I asume your Debian PAckage
> is not using it. At least I hope so, since it messes the dpkg's track of
> installed files. So perhaps it is better to extend ada and adainstall to
> look in /usr/local/* like site_perl with perl.

'adainstall' has an option '--destdir':

| `--destdir=DIR'
|      If this option is present, `adainstall' will install all files
|      under the DIR hierarchy, i.e. the value of DIR is prepended to
|      file names before installation.(1)
|
|    (1) This is useful for building (operating system distribution)
| packages with `adainstall'.

The intent is to use 'adainstall' on Debian to build packages (and not
to install the files directly into the file system).

--
Florian Weimer 	                  Florian.Weimer@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart           http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/