Re: Installed lilo 1:21.7-1 (i386 source)

Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is lilo really messing with logrotate in its preinst?  If so, why?
> Can't it wait till the postinst?  And if it does wait till the
> postinst, it doesn't need to Pre-Depend on it.

I just looked at the source, and it does not look like lilo is using logrotate
to rotate logs. It is rotating the files:

/boot/boot.b.preserved, /boot/boot-menu.b.preserved, /boot/chain.b.preserved,
/boot/os2_d.b.preserved, /boot/any_b.b.preserved, and /boot/any_d.b.preserved

Is it okay to use logrotate like this? Should some other tool be used? I
suppose that to understand better what is going on I need to investigate
further.

--
Don't worry  --  shop.