Re: ftp.nl.debian.org

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 11:32:57AM +0000, software@stalemate.nl wrote:
> > That means that for a lot of people in .NL, ftp.nl.debian.org
> > is routed over France, Germany or even the USA.
>
> - Convince UUNET to transfer ftp.nl.debian.org:  I don't know the exact
>   historical background but I assume that there's a prestige factor
>   involved here.

There is nothing to be "transferred". If/when the need arises,
ftp.??.debian.org DNS entries can be modified by Debian admins.
It is, of course, courteous to talk with the site admin before doing so.

I'm sure we can figure out how to improve the situation, given concrete
evidence of problems and/or statistics... talk to mirrors@debian.org or file
a bug report against the "mirrors" package.