Re: serious bugs because of missing build depends

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Jules Bean wrote:
> Hmm.  I feel I've missed something here.  How does debhelper need/use
> them?

YOU need them if you use debhelper in your rules file.  Build-depends is a
list of *all* and *every* single package you will need in order to do a full
build [that are not in the build-essential list]. I have packages that
build-depends on findutils because I used 'find' in the rules file, for
example.

> are built against the latest libraries etc.). It would be nice to have
> apt-get install deps-and-build-deps-of-<foo> to get the sid versions -
> is there a tool for this?

Get apt 0.5 from sid. Its super-cow powers allow for apt-get build-dep.
Moo.

  Henrique Holschuh