Re: NM frustrations...

"David A. Greene" <greened@eecs.umich.edu> writes:

> [...]

     The statement quoted above was _not_ made by the DAM.  I've lost
track of who said it, and the earlier statement that it amplifies, but
I don't believe it was anyone connected with the NM process.

> > >Too bad. This does badly damage the project's reputation.
> >
> > Debian is made up of only volunteers.  They donate time and effort.  If
> > people annoy them, what reason do they have to continue to work?
>
> This is skirting the issue.  This excuse is pulled out of the hat far too
> many times to be taken seriously anymore.  I'm not speaking just of
> Debian, but the Free Software community in general.

     This whole thread is an over-reaction.  People should not treat a
sarcastic comment by one individual as if it were an ex-cathedra
pronouncement by the DPL.

Bob
--
   _