Re: nslookup?

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Paul Slootman wrote:

> I sure hope that nslookup will fork if the bind people don't want it
> anymore.  And I think many people will agree with me that the silly
> notice needs to be removed; I don't want to have to type -sil (-silly?)
> every time.

It's actually even worse:

> server ns.work.de
Default server: ns.work.de
Address: 212.12.33.3#53
> ls -d work.de
The 'ls' command is not implemented.

Why does a perfectly fine working utility have to be castrated like this?
;-(

--
 "But since you asked: I am like a hunter of peace, one who chases the
  elusive mayfly of love. - Well, something like that." -- Trigun