(unstable) Latest binutils can't link kernels

Hi,

The latest ld (binutils package) in unstable can't link 2.4.x kernel (on
x86 at least). This is a "feature" change in ld which cause this.

The problem is explained in the binutils changelog.debian.gz

I've not seen note about that elsewhere in this list.

The question is do I have to fill a bug against kernel-source packages?
Is there a chance official kernel release will be compatible with latest
ld?
Or should debian binutils or kernel be patched?

Or should we have a kbinutils packages as there was a gcc272 package to
compile the kernel??

Regards,

--
Fabrice Gautier <gautier@email.enstfr>