Re: ITP: lpr by GNU

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 03:05:29PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Thu 22 Feb 2001, A Mennucc1 wrote:
> >
> > some people have been working on this, and their results
> > is in
> >  http://lpr.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > I would like to package it
>
> If you do, I'd recommend calling the package "gnulpr", as it's more than
> just a reimplementation of lpr (or at least that appears to be the
> goal).

Yes, it's all getting rather confusing really... it's funny how an
annoying problem (unsophisticated unix printing architecture) can
trigger four or more independent solutions.  Now linux users have to
choose between CUPS, Omni, PPR, Lprng and gnulpr. Not to mention the
(slightly higher-level) gimp-print, gnome-print and so on.

Still, it's all good stuff...

Jules