Re: manpage for applet functions

Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > Many simple applets simply use undocumented(7) as their manpage, but
> > this lies a little, claiming that it's already reported as a bug and
> > will be fixed.
> >
> > I propose a manpage documenting the normal gnome options, i.e. the
> > ones that you get just by passing argc/argv to applet_widget_init().
> > This would allow a small but useful manpage to be written for
> > applets, with SEE ALSO pointing at the proper manpage.
>
>Why do you want to start a applet from the command line ?
>
>The usual way to start an applet is the Gnome menu.
>
>I don't understand your request.

I read man pages not only to find out how to start the program, but what
the thing does. Since virtually everything else has a man page, it's a
common interface I can use. Every so often I want to start something
manually, too, or figure out why some menu or other isn't doing it
properly. Or perhaps (shock horror) build my own menu hierarchy.

I don't care if it's not the "usual way".

Please consider this request; I'd find it very useful.